The Rosedale rink has been more active than ever this year, giving the community an outlet for some safe outdoor activity. We have a great rink that is maintained by a great group of volunteers. However, this has also created some concerns. Everyone is aware of the COVID guidelines that have been established by Alberta Health but it appears that these guidelines are not always followed. The ODR is an outdoor activity which is covered by the following:
– Outdoor social gatherings are limited to 10 people and must not have an indoor component.
– Attendees should remain physically distanced at all times and follow public health measures. Each individual is responsible for their own activity. If the rink is crowded, either come back later or play in shifts.
– Social distancing is also still required, even as part of play.
– The skate room is remaining closed as a result of the restrictions.
We do not want to see any outbreaks as a result of failure to follow rules nor do we want to see increased enforcement by CPS being required. Please play and act responsibly.
We have posted the “Rules of the Rink” on the fence at the rink. Please remember these when using the rink.
1. The ODR is all about everyone having fun.
2. Kids have priority. Make sure that they have room to play.
3. The lights are on a timer which shuts off at 10:30. There is a switch box on the NW light pole to turn on when playing. Please turn off if you are the last to leave the ice.
4. If you use the rink, please scrape and shovel the snow when you are done (and please shovel the snow off the ice – don’t leave it in piles).
5. The rink is maintained by volunteers. If volunteers ask you to leave the ice so they can flood, please do so.
6. Be considerate of noise levels.
7. Do not use offensive language.
8. Put garbage/recycling in cans provided.