Access to parking for users of the Rosedale Community Hall is often a challenge. The Rosedale Community Association Board of Directors (RCA) is asking all Hall users to respect the suggested guidelines outlined below.
Pay attention to Street Parking Restrictions
Parking on 11th Ave is limited to 2 hours between 8:00 – 17:00 on Mondays –
- Only vehicles with valid parking permits (electronically linked to license plates) are permitted to stay beyond the time limits stated.
- Parking on 9th St is restricted to 1 hour between 8:00 – 21:00 on Monday – Friday. Parking on 7A Street is restricted to 1 hour between 8:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday.
- Parking in the alley is prohibited unless a vehicle has an F permit.
- The streets adjacent to the Centre are School and Playground speed zones of 30 km/hr.
During the daytime, there is competing parking demand from Hall users, SAIT students, and school parents. School dismissal at 3:00 – 3:30pm is where the parking demands overlap the most. This short time interval can be very chaotic as one-half of the school students must exit along 11th Ave NW. The situation becomes dangerous on poor weather days when there are more cars picking up students and more traffic. Parking on the grass along the lane west of the community centre increases the chaos and safety risk.
The RCA is working with the Calgary Parking Authority to address the parking overstays by SAIT students and will work through concerned school parents and the School to address pick up traffic safety. There are also several actions that the users of the Community Hall can follow that will significantly diminish the safety risk for students and free up parking spots. Please consider these options:
- Car pool as much as possible, especially for larger groups.
- Use 11th Ave NW Street parking first.
- Grass parking is only for overflow cases where street parking is full.
- If overflow parking must be used, park on the East Field grass first and the West Grass area only if East Grass area full. Angle park with the rear bumper completely off the lane and onto the grass.
- There is a crosswalk in the middle of 11th Avenue. Please ensure that the ‘no parking zones’ in front and behind the crosswalk are adhered to as directed by the signs. This becomes especially important during school pick up and drop off times.
- If your event finishes at 3:00pm, please adhere to your exit time. If you would prefer, talk to the Rosedale Rental Coordinator about changing the time of your meeting to make an earlier departure from the Hall.
- If you had to use the West Lane overflow parking, please do not leave within the 3:15 – 3:30 PM time period when the school traffic is at its highest level. Depart by 3 PM or wait until after 3:30 PM.
Evening & Weekend Users
During evenings and on weekends, the RCA is asking all hall users to refrain from parking on the grass and avoid driving down the alleys, if at all possible. This request is being made as a courtesy to our neighbours living along the lanes and as a reminder that many young children frequent the park and playground and their safety is of utmost importance. If 11th Ave parking fills up because of a large event at the Hall, please remember that additional spots are available along 9th St adjacent to the school and along 7A St.
Thank you for your consideration of these Parking Guidelines for the Rosedale Community Hall.